Crafts - Home Decor - Cooking - Faith - Baking - Everyday Stuff - Animals - Cleaning - Home Improvement

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weekly Scripture

For the last couple of weeks, a friend and I have been taking turns picking a scripture verse for the week. We start on Monday, and write or print it out, and have it where we see it often. I have mine taped to my computer at work...since I am staring into it for 75% of my day!

Last weeks verse was:

Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

This was such a good reminder. It's something we have heard since we were kids, but it seems like the whole conecpt is lost on us adults. Just because we are all "grown-up", doesn't mean we have the JUST MEANS to be MEAN. Another thing I would like to clear up, just because something "is true" - doesn't mean it can be, or should be, said. 

 Let's practice the taming of our tongues. As my dad constantly reminded me as a kid ( I wish he still did)
"Think before you speak."

Life here on Earth is too short to speak evil to others. I pray for a tame tongue that is quick to listen, and slow to speak. Can my tongue listen? It needs to.


This week's verse:    REVELATION 21:4

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Won't that be a glorious time?

No comments:

Post a Comment