Crafts - Home Decor - Cooking - Faith - Baking - Everyday Stuff - Animals - Cleaning - Home Improvement

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cast Iron Cornbread

I love this cornbread so much, I had it served at our wedding! I am not sure which people remembered more, the wedding or the cornbread?

Cast Iron Cornbread
Bake @ 350 degrees

Mix together in a large bowl:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add to dry:
1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Fold in:
1 can corn or ( 1 heapin' cup frozen corn)
3/4 cup sour cream

Pour batter into a buttered, No. 8 cast iron pan and bake until golden around edges and knife inserted comes out clean!


*or you can substitute the above for 1 can of cream corn

5 comments:

  1. Alli ~ You're a girl after my own heart! I've already picked a few (well, maybe all!) of your recipe's to try. Mmmmmm....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula sent me over and I will definitely have to try this recipe. I grew up on non-sweet cornbread. Since I found sweet cornbread I will not be going back. I have been looking for a recipe for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alli - Paula sent me over. It's bad enough she taunts me with her food... now she's taunting me with your food too!

    ReplyDelete