Crafts - Home Decor - Cooking - Faith - Baking - Everyday Stuff - Animals - Cleaning - Home Improvement

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vinegar Tip - Flea Repellant

It's be a terrible year for fleas around here! I really don't know why it is, but all I know is I want them gone! So, I mentioned earlier how I recently banned Bleach from our house...ALL bleach products, in fact. I have turned to researching all the uses of vinegar. My most recent discovery was it's use to repel fleas! I came across this tip from my little Farmgirl Wisdom book by Mary Jane Butters (maryjanesfarm.com).  Page 65 tells me that vinegar has natural repelling properties. Apparently the little boogers hate the stuff! There are a few different ways to go about apply on your furry friends. (#1) You can dab some on a wet wash cloth and rub them down with it every couple of days. (#2)It can be used as the final rinse during a weekly bath. (#3) You can also add some to their drinking water. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now. I started adding gradually, and am now at a ratio of 1 tablespoon per quart of water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment